The mission of The Tri-Share Program is to help Genesee County, Michigan small businesses provide affordable healthcare coverage to their uninsured employees and their spouses by paying one-third of the cost of insuring low income employees.
Thanks to this unique program, those who were once uninsured now have access to quality healthcare coverage that can be used to pay for valuable benefits, such as doctor visits, prescriptions, lab tests and x-rays. The Tri-Share Program makes this coverage affordable by sharing the premium costs between the employer, the employee and the Genesee Health Plan. Typically, each party contributes one-third of the premium.
The Key to Tri-Share’s success is that it offers an affordable medical healthcare program with an attractive benefit package. Tri-Share provides basic healthcare insurance to employers and employees who have not had access to affordable coverage in the past. By sharing the financial responsibility, this program offers affordable premiums for all parties involved.
The Tri-Share program is specifically designed for businesses with 2 or more employees who have not been able to offer affordable health insurance to their employees in the past. Employees earning $14.50 per hour or less who do not qualify for government programs like Medicare and Medicaid are eligible for the one-third subsidy. Tri-Share eliminates most of the typical obstacles to providing employer sponsored healthcare coverage.
For the Employee
- Asks no health questions—for newly eligible applicants applying within 31 days
- Requires no deductibles or co-insurance—it is easy to use and understand
- Is Guarantee Issue (no physical required) and has no pre-existing limitations or exclusions
- Allows for provider choice—pick their doctor or from a discounted network
- Provides for first dollar comprehensive coverage if selected hospitals are utilized
For the Employer
- Only 1/3 contribution requirement—cost effective employee benefit
- No census requirement—easy to quote
- No complex participation requirements—two enrolled life minimum
- No COBRA issues—full administration provided to satisfy continuation laws
- No required meetings—enrollment via call center or group meetings
Tri-Share is a phenomenal healthcare solution for uninsured employees and their spouses. It is a high-quality, affordable, group healthcare program, featuring more comprehensive benefits than other programs that are currently available.